6 Secrets to Raising Real Money
I’m not talking about selling cookies or coupon books. I’m talking about raising real cash to make real progress.
- Get emotional: The frustrating part about raising money is that logic doesn’t work. Appeal to donors’ emotional side and they’ll open their wallets.
- Say Thank you: If you want them back and to donate more next time, you had better say thank you.
- Communicate: Make it easy for your donor base to receive communication from you. Let them know the human interest stories from within your program.
- Build personal relationships: In addition to #3, contact large donors and prospects personally to build the relationship.
- Immortalize donors: Put their name on a brick, a locker, a plaque or just your website.
- Get over it and make the ask: You heard me.
“Looking for more resources for finding success for your program?”